Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Mini Frittatas.

Lorraine made these yesterday. Personally, I prefer quiche because I love the crust. I'm not the biggest fan of the eggs. Here's her reaction:

I made these tonight, and I don't know why I would make quiche instead of these ever again. They are so quick to cook, and they can be individualized. Plus, there is no empty-calorie crust! I used only 3 eggs per batch, and my muffin cups were quite full.


Mini Frittatas

For a fun and easy morning meal, try these small-scale egg dishes. Baked in individual muffin cups, they ensure that everyone gets the mix-ins they like.

4 large eggs
1/4 cup half-and-half
1/2 teaspoon salt
Assorted mix-ins (such as shredded cheese, diced vegetables, and cooked and chopped bacon, ham, or sausage)
Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)

1. Heat your oven to 350° F and coat a 6-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.

2. Whisk together the eggs, half-and-half, and salt in a medium bowl, then evenly distribute the egg mixture among the muffin cups.

3. Add about 2 tablespoons of mix-ins to each cup, then sprinkle on a bit of Parmesan cheese, if you like.

4. Bake the frittatas until they are puffy and the edges are golden brown, about 20 to 25 minutes. (If necessary, run a butter knife around the edge of each one to loosen them before removing them from the pan.) Makes 6 mini frittatas.

No comments: