Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Debby's Tomato Bacon Appetizers.

Today, I got a couple of recipes from one of Lorraine's mom's dearest friends, Debby, who I consider to be a culinary goddess. I must share them here.

Bacon Tomato Appetizers

Mayonnaise
Sour Cream
Hormel Premium Real Crumbled Bacon (This is what it says on the bag)
Black pepper
Bread
Roma tomatoes

Mix mayonnaise and sour cream together with a spoon or Wisk – I use a little less sour cream than mayonnaise
Example – 1 cup mayonnaise and ¾ cup sour cream add black pepper to your taste ( I like a good bit ) Add Hormel crumbled bacon – again do this to your liking – I like for it to look kind of meaty – there is no need to add salt because the bacon does this for you. Keep in refrigerator until time to serve. Slice small loaves of bread; spread the spread on bread and top with a slice of tomato. Roma tomatoes are usually better because they are not drippy with juice. You can use whatever bread is your favorite. I like the baguette French bread and the small loaves of wheat. Make sure you get the crumbled bacon instead of bacon bits. This is so easy and everybody seems to always like it.

No comments: