Friday, February 22, 2008

French-Style Scrambled Eggs.

I don't like eggs, but I've never served these that egg-eaters didn't rave! I usually double the recipe. The eggs are dense & rich, and so don't appear to make nearly as much as the regular heavily-beaten eggs.

French-Style Scrambled Eggs

2 TBSP unsalted butter
4 large eggs
Kosher salt
Freshly ground pepper
Warm buttered toast

1. Place 1 inch of water in the bottom of a double boiler and heat until boiling; reduce the heat to very low. When the water is simmering, place the top of the double boiler over the water. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and heat until melted.

2. Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl just until combined. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon butter, cut into small pieces, salt to taste and a grinding of pepper. Pour into the double boiler.

3. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or heat-proof rubber spatula, until the eggs are thickened into soft curds, 10-15 minutes.

4. Serve over toast.

2 comments:

tlm said...

Make at least twice as many of these as you would make of any other eggs. If you have any leftovers (which you won't), just call me and I'll be right over...

Nana said...

I have eaten eggs cooked almost everyway possible and these are truly the BEST I have ever had. Can't wait to try them for "Sunday Night Supper" with my widow friends.