Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Orange Slice Bars.

Ya'll, I nearly wet my pants just now when I found this recipe. It has been lost for years. It was on the bottom of another recipe file deep inside an old recipe folder buried on the hard drive. This will be made within the week. I only made it once, and I have craved it literally for years now.

Orange Slice Bars

1 pound brown sugar
2/3 cup melted butter
2 3/4 cup flour
3 eggs
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup pecans
1 pound orange slice candy

Cut orange slices into small pieces. Pour melted butter over brown sugar and beat. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Sift flour, salt and baking powder together. Add dry ingredients a little at a time. Add vanilla, pecans and chopped orange slices. Spread in a [greased and floured] 9 x 13-inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F. for about 30 to 40 minutes. Cool and cut into squares. Remove from pan.

No comments: