Sunday, June 29, 2008

Bama Breeze.

BAMA BREEZE
Another from "Crazy Sista Cooking." I failed to mention in the previous post that Lucy is the sister of Jimmy Buffett.

From Lucy:
My brother Jimmy’s recording of “The Bama Breeze” was his homage to coastal dives, particularly the famous Flora-Bama on the beach at the Alabama – Florida State line. He sent me a little love both when he changed the lyrics to call the bar owner “LuLu” and when he asked me if I wanted to play the bar owner in the video. I mused for just a second, thinking…hmmm… a woman who owns a bar, drinking a beer, jumps up on the stage and sings with the band. It wasn’t much of a stretch! I had crazy fun shooting the video but I’m glad I have my day job! Now I enjoy this drink at my own “Bama Breeze” bar on the beach at LuLu’s.


2 ounces Absolut® Citron vodka
1 ounce Coconut rum
Juice of ½ fresh lime
½ ounce simple syrup
2-3 ounces cranberry juice

1. Fill tall glass with crushed ice.
2. Add vodka and rum.
3. Squeeze lime juice into glass.
4. Fill with cranberry juice.
5. Add simple syrup to desired sweetness.
6. Stir.
7. Garnish with fresh lime slice.

Makes 1 Drink

LuLu Clue: To make your own simple syrup: In a small saucepan, bring ½ cup water and ½ cup sugar to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature. When cool, pour syrup liquid into a storage container. This will keep, refrigerated, for a long time.

No comments: