Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Candied Bacon Ice Cream.

Tonight on an episode of Bizarre Foods, Andrew was in Paris. While there, he met up with David Lebovitz, a very well known American pastry chef who now lives in Paris. We knew who he was immediately, because I have two of his amazing cookbooks - Ripe for Dessert & The Perfect Scoop.

David made his Candied Bacon Ice Cream for Andrew. My wife seemed intrigued. I've made candied bacon, and it is really good. I just don't know that I want it in ice cream. I checked The Perfect Scoop to see if the recipe was included there, but it is not. However, it is online, and with great photos & step-by-step instructions. If any of you try, PLEASE let me know.

David also has a wonderful collection of recipes on his site, which I direct you to here. I am also adding the link in the sidebar for future reference.

No comments: