Thursday, December 16, 2010

Peanut Butter Balls #2.

I stumbled across this version of PB balls today, and may have to make a batch for Christmas. I had planned on skipping them this year, but I could reconsider. My previous recipe can be reviewed here.

Peanut Butter Balls

2½ sticks butter
1 heaping cup of smooth peanut butter
2 cups of graham cracker crumbs
1 box of confectioners sugar
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
1/2 block of paraffin wax (on the baking aisle)

Combine butter and peanut butter in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave until butter melts. Stir in graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Roll mix into quarter-size balls. (If it is hard to form a ball, add a little peanut butter, or refrigerate mixture for a few minutes). Dip immediately in melted chocolate. Place on wax paper to harden.

To make the chocolate dip, melt together the chocolate & wax in a double boiler.

2 comments:

Lorie said...

I did not make peanut butter balls this year (first year in probably 15 or so!) but my staple recipe is similar to your previous recipe that you posted from 2008. I like to put ground pecans in them for the texture. I'm actually thinking that my recipe calls for ground pecans and finely crushed graham crackers, but I'd have to go back and check. Anyway, peanut butter balls are just a classic to me.

Marcus said...

I didn't get around to making them this year either. Maybe I'll do some sort of Christmas in July thing and make some holiday candy in 2011.