Friday, August 7, 2009

Council House Cafe Potato Soup.

This soup used to haunt our dreams. We would drive down just for it! The soup is served with some pieces of the homemade bread, and dipping them into this soup is divine! (See Creamy Cabbage Soup recipe below for info on the Council House Cafe in French Camp, Mississippi.)

Creamy Potato Soup

4 cups peeled, cubed potatoes
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
2 cups water
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup milk
1 cup whipping cream
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons parsley
1/8 teaspoon pepper

Combine potatoes, celery, onion, water, and salt in a large dutch oven.
Simmer covered for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Stir in remaining ingredients; return to medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until soup is thoroughly heated. Makes about 7 cups.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Thank you! I lost my potato soup recipe and lickuly found this! I worked at Camp of the Rising son for 7 years and lived in Eupora...

Council house was where I had my bridal luncheon and I loved that place!

Marcus said...

You're welcome! I'm glad that I could be of service.