Saturday, August 16, 2008

Chocolate Pistachio Bundt Cake.

I'm currently reading a wonderful food commentary book called "Talking with my Mouth Full." The very first essay is on the Bundt pan, and it includes a recipe that was very popular back in the 70's. I inherited my grandmother's Bundt pan this past year. I ate many cakes that she produced in it, but today was the first time that I have used it to make my own cake. My family found this cake to be delicious, and it is so ridiculously easy that anyone can throw it together in about five minutes.

Chocolate Pistachio Bundt Cake
1 package cake mix, white or yellow
4 eggs
1 package pistachio instant pudding
1 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup Orange juice
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup chocolate syrup
confectioners sugar

Combine cake mix, pistachio pudding, orange juice, oil, water, eggs and almond extract at medium speed for 3 minutes. Pour 2/3 into greased bundt pan. Add chocolate syrup to remainder and stir well; pour into pan. Drag a knife through the batter gently to produce a marbled effect. Bake 50-60 minutes at 350-degrees. Top with a dusting of confectioners sugar, or make a simple glaze.

No comments: