Monday, April 27, 2009

Wicker's-style Marinade.

I love Wicker's Marinade & Sauce, but it is not widely available. I ran across the recipe that is said to simulate it. Enjoy.

This vinegar based barbecue sauce works just as well as a mop as it does a table sauce.

1 1/4 cups cider vinegar
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
4 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin

Combine all ingredients and cook for 5-10 minutes to dissolve spices. Use as a marinade and basting with your favorite BBQ recipe.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Thank you for the Wicker's knock off receipe. I am a Northern boy who expierenced Wicker's many years ago and loved it. I have since had a bottle or two sent to me but, as you said it's not widely available. I am greatful. I quickly checked out a few other receipes, they look really good. I'll be back!

Marcus said...

Thanks for the comment! I'l glad that you found something useful. It encourages me to keep posting new finds. Enjoy!

Carlye White said...

Awesome Copy Recipe. Just getting started with my blog. themasterbaster.blogspot.com....Would Love some Help